Geographic Access to State Diabetes Management Program Expanded
Geographic access to State Diabetes Management Program has been expanded.
Voucher services can become available in two clinics of Kutaisi.
Earlier, this service was available only in three facilities in Tbilisi.
Thus, living in West Georgia children with diabetes mellitus and their parents had to travel to the capital for receiving medical services.
As a result of the changes, currently voucher services, besides Tbilisi can be utilized in two facilities of Imereti Region: West Georgia Medical Center (83A Javakhisvili street, Kutaisi) and Kutaisi #1 Primary Healthcare Center (23 T. Tabidze street, Kutaisi).
Voucher component of the program envisages provision children with diabetes mellitus with following services:
- Provision with technical analytical devices:
- Blood glucose test strips and lancet needles;
- Test strips to determine ketones in urine;
- Endocrinologist’s consultancy/supervision;
- Measurement of glycohemoglobin from capillary blood;
- Monitoring of eye diseases caused by diabetes;
- Medical awareness of program beneficiaries and their parents;
- Provision with physical rehabilitation on request;
- Issuing of medical certificate and prescription.
The Ministry of Health continues active work aimed at further expansion of geographic accessibility to the State Diabetes Management Program.